The Perfect Winter Warmer: Organic Roasted Red pepper and Tomato Soup
Over the past 12 months, I have become a big fan of gardening especially growing my own vegetables, partly for the excitement of seeing something beautiful come from a tiny seed. I often make salads and various meals from my homegrown vegetables but there is one dish that I get great satisfaction from, it is a true winter warmer.
There is nothing better than coming home from a hard day at work and making a tasty, enjoyable meal in no time at all and with very little effort.
Exploring my vegetable patch, my tomatoes were large and juicy and the red peppers full of colour. Picking one at a time wandering what I could conjure up this time. I headed back to my kitchen and started chopping the vegetables when it hit me: roasted red pepper and tomato soup. My mouth was watering. I wanted to keep this dish as simple and as easy as possible without having to nip round the supermarket for more ingredients. Here is the method to my madness:
Serves approximately 4 people
6 Red Peppers
10 Large Tomatoes
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
3 Cloves of Garlic
1 Pint Vegetable Stock
- Roughly quarter the red peppers and tomatoes, peel onion cloves and finely chop the onions. Place all in a deep baking tray with olive oil,
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes on a medium heat or until very soft,
- Add to blender with seasoning and a good handful of chopped basil, add vegetable stock as you go along until the right consistency is reached,
- Once all blended, add to a large saucepan and simmer until boiling,
- For a final addition, add to a bowl or mug with a spoonful of cream cheese!
Enjoy in the comfort of your candle lit lounge on a cold winters night!
For more information on how to grow your own vegetables visit www.GardenHealth.com
Tagged with: tomato recipes
Filed under: Enjoying
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!